Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Those Two Wacky Americas

My buddy Jon (not me), who lives in Dallas, sent me this video and holy sheepshit but I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I mean, the thing is obviously hilarious, but the mere fact that places exist where such a video would help a candidate get actual votes, is just so tragic. It may push the limits of comprehension, but keep in mind... this is not a parody:


Thank God Big John is out there fightin' the heathens, doin' the Lord's work for Texas, keeping Texas in power and making the lesser states squirm.

On the other end of the culture spectrum, I just saw the best movie I've ever seen in my whole life and am humbled by its greatness. The film I speak of... Zombie Strippers. You think I'm joking. I am not (well, mostly not). Zombie Strippers is so good I may have to own it. Definitely ups the ante on the low-budget zombie flick. And since I'm currently writing my own script for a low-budget zombie flick, I went into this one with a seriously critical eye. So believe me when I tell you that I gotta say, my hat is off to Jay Lee, the principal creative behind this undeniable masterpiece. Practically a perfect film. Thankfully, it is very different in tone from the one I'm writing, which, if I ever get my shit together, I hope will be as good as (better than?) Zombie Strippers. But O' such a high bar to clear now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just screamed out "OH MY GOD!", apparently quite loudly, as I read that the best movie ever was Zombie Strippers. I saw that with the bf the other night and LOVED it. It's absolutely classic. Let me know if you locate a good place to purchase a copy. One of my best friends met her boyfriend at Zombiecon a few years back and I want to get a copy of it for them as a gift.